Maxter has been actively building coal haulers for more than 25 years. Since 1990, a concentrated effort has been made to improve and upgrade the coal hauler designs. The double hull was introduced in 1995 followed by a comprehensive overall design upgrade, which was introduced in 1999.
Key Features and Major Improvements:
- Double hull design adds rigidity and strength to the sidewalls of the trailer thus diminishing denting on the corrugated exterior walls of the unit.
- Curved corners combined with steeper inner slopes allow for a cleaner and freer discharge thus minimizing carryback.
- The Maxter hitch mounted “integrated” turn stop eliminates the need for a tractor mounted “goalpost” style of turn stop. This feature increase driver safety and reduces damage in jackknife situations.
- Recent improvements to the braking system have been made through the introduction of a new control system, which allows the operator to monitor all levels of brake performance.
- Optional door open/closed indicator
- Maxter’s enclosed plumbing system protects against outside elements, while allowing easy access for maintenance.